Sol Schools Miami CELTA Program Overview
Due to popular demand, Sol Schools International now offers this sought after certification for English language teaching to adults from Cambridge University in Miami.
This program is an excellent choice for those who are looking to teach in Europe or the Middle East, although this certification can be used worldwide. Our CELTA program meets the TESL Canada and USA requirements, allowing you to teach English at home or abroad.
In Miami, this course is offered on a full time basis to make your transition from one career to the next quick and easy. For this full time schedule, students of the CELTA program must be prepared for a semi-intensive course.
During this course, teacher-trainees are observed by their CELTA tutors, who grade their Teaching Practice lessons. Assessors from Cambridge inspect the course each time in order to assure that quality is maintained in every Cambridge CELTA program that is taught.
• Excellent command of the English language in all areas (CAE or equivalent for Second Language speakers)
• 20 years or older (exceptions may be made for 18 or 19 years of age)
• Minimum of a High School Diploma (post-secondary degree is preferred)
• Completed Application Form
• Completed pre-interview tasks
• Interview with Head of CELTA Program
Please note that although admission into the program does not require a university degree, to teach English in Canada (TESL Canada certified) and in some countries around the world, a university degree is required. Please call for more information.
- Complete the Online Teacher Training Application Form
- The Academic Director of the Teacher Training Department will contact you to book an admissions interview and send you a pre-interview task
- For the interview, you will need to have/bring proof of secondary school or university degree completion and the $200 registration fee (non-refundable). If accepted, you will be registered and enrolled in the program and sent a self-study Pre-Course Task (with answers).
- The balance due must be paid four weeks before course start date.
Sol Schools Miami Location
1556 Alton Road, Second Floor, Miami Beach, Florida, 33139, United States
Sol Schools Miami Beach is situated in an historical building that was built in the 1920s, during the Art Deco era. The building is beautifully redesigned and is the perfect home to Sol Schools Miami Beach. Only minutes from the Ocean Drive Shopping District and 450 meters from the world famous South Beach and the Atlantic Ocean!
Sol Schools Miami CELTA Schedule
INTENSIVE FULL-TIME CELTA COURSE (4 WEEKS)
Monday – Friday:
- Input Sessions: 9:30 –12:15
- Guided Lesson Planning: 12:15-1:00
- Assessed Teaching Practice: 2:00-4:00
- Feedback Sessions: 4:15 – 5:00
Sol Schools Miami CELTA Fees
*All courses and prices are subject to change without notice. TESL and CELTA tuition costs are tax deductible.
CELTA Start Dates
|Start Date||End Date||Duration||Price||Additional Info|
|Jan 11, 2016||Feb 5, 2016||4 Weeks||$2695||Intensive Full-Time CELTA Course|
|Jul 25, 2016||Aug 19, 2016||4 Weeks||$2695||Intensive Full-Time CELTA Course|
|Sep 26, 2016||Oct 21, 2016||4 Weeks||$2695||Intensive Full-Time CELTA Course|
|Nov 28, 2016||Dec 23, 2016||4 Weeks||$2695||Intensive Full-Time CELTA Course|
Sol Schools Miami Teacher Training Accommodations
The Sol Schools Miami Beach Student House is located very close to the school. It consists of apartments that accommodate four students each. Students are housed in single private rooms with shared kitchen and bathroom facilities. A large fully equipped common kitchen and common bathrooms and showers are available to all residents of the house at a ratio of 1 to 4.
Many students choose homestays to live in while doing their Teacher Training programs if they do not live locally. Living in a homestay provides you with the comforts and warmth of living with a kind and supportive family. Sol Schools Miami has many different options for homestays usually located at the northern portion of Miami Beach.
This accommodation option is located in the heart of South Beach and is about 5 minutes walking distance to Sol Schools Miami. Located on Ocean Drive, guests are welcome to enjoy shopping and beaches by day, while dining, dancing, and other fun awaits the nightlife. All guest rooms are equipped with a plasma TV, alarm/radio, iron and ironing board, telephone with voicemail, kitchen includes: refrigerator and microwave, self-controlled air conditioning, and Wifi access.