Sol Schools Toronto CELTA Program Overview
Due to popular demand, Sol Schools International now offers this sought after certification for English language teaching to adults from Cambridge University in Toronto.
This program is an excellent choice for those who are looking to teach in Europe or the Middle East, although this certification can be used worldwide. Our CELTA program meets the TESL Canada and USA requirements, allowing you to teach English at home or abroad.
During this course, teacher-trainees are observed by their CELTA tutors, who grade their Teaching Practice lessons. Assessors from Cambridge inspect the course each time in order to assure that quality is maintained in every Cambridge CELTA program that is taught.
• Excellent command of the English language in all areas (CAE or equivalent for Second Language speakers)
• 20 years or older (exceptions may be made for 18 or 19 years of age)
• Minimum of a High School Diploma (post-secondary degree is preferred)
• Completed Application Form
• Completed pre-interview tasks
• Interview with Head of CELTA Program
Please note that although admission into the program does not require a university degree, to teach English in Canada (TESL Canada certified) and in some countries around the world, a university degree is required. Please call for more information.
Sol Schools Toronto TESL Program Overview
Sol Schools International is registered in Ontario as a Private Career College and its teacher training programs are approved under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005. The TESL Certificate program provided in Toronto is recognized by TESL Canada, assuring that the course content, delivery, and practicum meets industry standards and that all employees involved in the program have the proper qualifications. For more information on TESL Canada, please visit www.tesl.ca.
The TESL Certificate program is recognized worldwide as well, as it complies to international standards which asks for 100 hours of in class training and a 20 hour practicum. The Program is offered in Full-time Format.
*The TESL Certificate program is offered in Toronto
• University degree (in some cases we may accept a college diploma)
• TOEFL score of 550/213/80 or IELTS of 6.5 overall for non native speakers
• A keen desire to teach English as a career
• Pass the admissions interview
- Complete the Online Teacher Training Application Form
- The Academic Director of the Teacher Training Department will contact you to book an admissions interview and send you a pre-interview task
- The the interview, you will need to have/bring proof of secondary school or university degree completion and the $100 registration fee (non-refundable) plus $400 security deposit. If accepted, you will be registered and enrolled in the program and sent a self-study Pre-Course Task (with answers).
- The balance due must be paid one week before course start date.
Sol Schools Toronto Location
469 Jarvis Street, Toronto, ON M4Y 2G8 Canada
It is located right downtown and is walking distance to Wellesley subway station, the famous Eaton’s Centre and 10 minutes to the CN Tower on the subway.
Sol Schools Toronto Teacher Training Schedules
EXTENSIVE PART-TIME CELTA COURSE (11 WEEKS)
- Tuesday: 6:00pm – 10:00pm
- Wednesday: 6:00pm – 10:00pm
- Thursday: 6:00pm – 10:00pm
FULL-TIME TESL COURSE (4 WEEKS)
Monday – Friday: 8:30am – 3:00pm
Sol Schools Toronto CELTA Fees
• Tuition: $2,400 + Registration: $100 + Materials: Free
• Total: $2,500
Sol Schools Toronto TESL Fees
• Tuition: $1250 + Registration and Deposit: $100 + Materials: $100
• Total: $1450
*All courses and prices are subject to change without notice. TESL and CELTA tuition costs are tax deductible.
CELTA Start Dates
|Start Date||End Date||Duration||Price||Additional Info|
|Mar 13, 2018||May 24, 2018||11 Weeks||$2500||Extensive Part-Time CELTA Course|
|Aug 7, 2018||Oct 5, 2018||11 Weeks||$2500||Extensive Part-Time CELTA Course|
TESL Start Dates
|Start Date||End Date||Duration||Price||Additional Info|
|Jan 22, 2018||Feb 15, 2018||4 Weeks||$1450||Full Time TESL Course|
|Apr 9, 2018||May 4, 2018||4 Weeks||$1450||Full Time TESL Course|
|Sep 10, 2018||Oct 5, 2018||4 Weeks||$1450||Full Time TESL Course|
|Nov 12, 2018||Dec 7, 2018||4 Weeks||$1450||Full Time TESL Course|
Sol Schools Toronto Teacher Training Accommodations
The Sol Schools Toronto Student House is located across the street from Sol Schools Toronto’s campus on Jarvis Street. It consists of apartments that accommodate four students each. Students are housed in single private rooms with shared kitchen and bathroom facilities. A large fully equipped common kitchen and common bathrooms and showers are available to all residents of the house at a ratio of 1 to 4.
Many students choose homestays to live in while doing their Teacher Training programs if they do not live locally. Living in a homestay provides you with the comforts and warmth of living with a kind and supportive family. Sol Schools Toronto has many different options for homestays usually located within 30-45 minutes by public transit.
Pitman Hall is a 14-floor, co-ed residence located at Ryerson University and is about 5-10 minutes walking distance from Sol Schools Toronto. Each bedroom includes a single bed, dresser, desk, chair, bedside table, bookshelf, full length mirror, internet access, wastepaper basket, desk lamp, bulletin board, telephone with voicemail, individual heat and air controls, closet, and curtains. Bathrooms are shared by 2-5 students.
The ILLC is an 11 story residence which can accommodate 252 students and is about 5-10 minutes walking distance from Sol Schools Toronto. Each bedroom includes 3/4 or queen size bed, dresser, chair, bedside tables, alarm clock, wardrobe unit with full length mirror, wastepaper basket, internet access, desk lamp, sofa bed or table and chairs, telephone with voicemail, individual heat and air controls, on suite bathroom, curtains, color TV
For more information including pricing, please visit the Teacher Training Housing Page